Woot, woot! We're half way through our Earth Day Challenge!
How're you doing? I bet you're killing it. Make sure that you're tagging us in your photos on instagram!
Today, we're talking all about reusable water bottles.
If you aren't crazy about the way your tap water tastes, you should invest in a filter - it will save you a TON of money over time.
Here are a few water bottle facts to get you thinking the next time you're going to grab a plastic water bottle...
- As of 2018 China isn't taking our plastic waste for "recycling" anymore. The amount of plastic bottles actually being recycled is really, really tiny. Like less than 1% tiny.
- It takes 3 liters of water to make one liter of bottled water!
- In blind taste tests, tap water was preferred over bottled water
- The NRDC conducted a comprehensive study of 1,000 brands of bottled water. A third violated their own industry standards for water quality
- It takes 17 million barrels of oil to produce the plastic for the bottles and that many barrels of oil could fuel 1 million cars for a year.
- Tap water is more heavily regulated than bottled water
- Bottled water was shown to have more micro-plastic particles than tap water
Day Three Challenge:
Today, I challenge you to not leave the house without a full reusable water bottle!
Phone, wallet, WATER, keys - good to go.
If you have a tiny bag and can't fit a whole bottle, use a stainless flask.
If you don't feel like you have time in the morning to fill a water bottle from the sink, buy five or six bottles and keep them full of filtered water in the fridge so they're always ready!
Tweet us @pelacase and show us how you're bringing your reusable bottles.